Our Interview Process
We review applications to look for relevant skills, experience, and values. For some roles, we’ll email additional questions or ask candidates to perform an exercise related to the role.
A recruiter will meet with you via phone or Google Meet to speak with you about the role as well as learn about your skills and experience. We are also happy to answer any questions you may have about TrueAccord and the team you’re interviewing for.
- For certain roles, such as analytics, finance, data science, bilingual positions, product management or engineering positions, we may ask you to perform an exercise to assess your skills.
- For engineering roles, this will involve a business-relevant take home assignment of about 1 to 4 hours of time investment, a live coding session with an engineer to assess compatibility and communication skills, and a virtual whiteboard session on system level design.
- For various analyst related roles a HackerRank test may be applicable.
Hiring Manager Interview
Your potential team leader, or another related team member, will meet with you to learn more about you and to answer any questions specific to the team you're applying to join.
Panel / Team Interview
After you have your conversations as detailed above, you’ll be invited to a panel interview to meet with the team and other key people you’ll be working with. You may also get a chance to meet with a member of senior or executive leadership to talk about the culture at TrueAccord, and for them to learn about which values appeal to you the most.
** Panel/team interviews may be split into multiple sessions if your availability is tight!
After a successful mutual assessment, we make an offer for employment.
Most of our perks and benefits are applied on day 1 of full time employment. Healthcare is always activated the 1st of the month after your start date.
* Due to the current state of remote working, all interviews will be conducted virtually.
* The interview process may be delayed during any of these stages due to various reasons. We’ll always reach out to you in these circumstances to keep you updated on the process, but please feel free to follow up directly with your recruiter if you have any immediate questions.
* If you reached out to us on LinkedIn, our support email or another channel — thank you! We’re thrilled that you are so excited. Please note, regardless of your initial touch point with the team, all candidates are put into our Applicant Tracking System and follow the standard recruiting process listed above
Frequently Asked Questions
For candidates who make it through our entire process, it takes approximately 2-6 weeks from the initial application, depending on the role. If we decide that we’re not moving forward with your candidacy at any stage, we’ll aim to let you know within a few days. 2-6 weeks may seem like a long time; this is because:
- We want to ensure we find the right candidate for the role
- We request background checks and personal references for all candidates who are offered a job with TrueAccord, which can take up to 14 business days to clear
We currently only hire US-based employees with very few exceptions, limited to Canadian applicants. For further information, please reach out to our recruitment team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TrueAccord uses Google Meet and Slack for daily communications. We interview all candidates via Google Meet, we recommend all candidates have it set up prior to your interview (don’t worry, it’s free).
- We expect candidates to turn their video on during the interview, so please let us know if you’re unable to do so.
- Be on time for your interview and make sure you’re in a quiet space with no potential distractions.
- Do your research about the role you’re applying for as well as TrueAccord as a product and a company. We have many resources available to help you learn about our product and culture which our recruiters will send to you during the interview preparation process.
Interested in working at TrueAccord?
See how we’re different.